Free Upates

Subscribe via Email

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Don't Stand In One Place Too Long

"What good is living the life you've been given, if all you're going to do is stand in one place."

This quote comes from my all time favorite song.  It used to be difficult for me to pick a favorite, because I had so many.  Nowadays, not so much.  This is hands down my favorite song and perhaps even my theme song.


Ends of the Earth is what this video is titled and it is so fitting for the lifestyle that I dream of.  Traveling the world is a passion of mine and has been for a long time.  There are so many things to see and do that it's only befitting that this song should fit my desires and emotions.  It also motivates me to get out there and do what it takes to succeed so I can travel.

Standing In One Place For Too Long

This song has a lot of wisdom and really sings to me.  Standing in one place in this case has a specific meaning to it.  There are many people out there who have never left their country, let alone left the city that they grew up in.

When I hear of people that have never left the city that they grew up in, it always gives me shudders and almost gives me a chill.  I could not fathom being cooped up in one place for too long.  Actually I can and that's the life I myself dream to escape.

Being in one place for too long is like being a caged animal.  You  have no where to go, no desire to do anything, no passion, you just sink and sink into the comfort zone that you know and love.  When you dare to Embrace The Unknown, you have to get out there and show the world that you are willing to take risk.

Taking That Risk

There is a saying of mine that goes something like this..."You have to climb to the top of the Mountain to get the bigger picture.  If you're always at the bottom, you'll always see what is right in front of you."  Perhaps that is a whole different blog post in itself.

Life was meant to be enjoyed.  There is a world out there that is waiting for us to get ahead, so that we can come see it with our own eyes.  Trust me, from experience, nothing is like seeing something with your own eyes.

Ever seen the Red Full Moon come up from the Beach?  Bet you have at least seen it in pictures haven't you?  I've seen that first hand in person and nothing can really describe what you experience while you're their.  You can try and get close, but being there is half the journey.  The experience makes it all worth it.

This experience is one other thing that pushes me and drives me.  You have to get out there and see the world for what it is.  Because a picture never really captures the moment like the eyes can.

How many places have you visited in your lifetime?  Have you never left your country and/or city?  If so, then how do you plan on getting out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment