Free Upates

Subscribe via Email

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Importance Of Adapting Your Own Behavior

In a recent article on her website, Dragon Lady Art Studio wrote about her work  She wrote about how her work had gotten sloppy and that she needed readdress her situation.  She stated that she was going to make it part of her goal this year to do better in her art.  That she was going to slow down and make more effort in her projects.  She also stated that she would be working on lighting issues more in her art, to make it more pleasing.  This, is what we call growth.

Adaptation of Behavior

Just like in the story above, we all have to change our behavior in order to succeed in life.  This ties in a little bit with my last post titled: Normal Is A Setting On A Dryer.  If we are going to evolve, or grow in this life time, we have to make changes, small steps to work with the Universe around us.  This also ties into the Law of Attraction.

Basically, the Law of Attraction states that thoughts are objects that interact with the Universe in order to bring change, to bring reality into existence.  If we are always worrying, thinking about debt, etc, we'll get  more of it.  Instead, we have to visualize and make changes in our thought patterns on a regular basis in order to evolve and grow.  Thought is the Holy Grail of the Universe.  Thought is the True Power that emanates itself from within.

If I am to succeed in this world and make money, then I have to focus more and more on making money.  I have to believe that making money is possible and that it will happen.  It's that positive vibe that attracts like objects to us.  If we think positive, we receive positive, if we think negative, we receive negative.  It's not enough to just sit there and make a wish.  Making wishes don't work.  You have to always be striving for that wish to make it happen.  You get what you are always thinking about, even if it is something you don't always want.  This, is the Law of Attraction.

Making that Change

There are some things that I can do as well as you, that we all can benefit from.  Meditation would be the first step in all success stories.  If someone is successful, they are using meditation.  Meditation is often misunderstood, or not taught correctly to many people.  For many years, I myself have thought that meditation was the act of thinking about nothing, clearing your mind.  Meditation can be thought of as merely a form of focus.  Focusing on one thought and all the possibilities around it.  Trying to connect the dots to that one issue and solving your problem.  Meditation is also another form as well, don't think of it as thinking about nothing.  If you think about nothing, you're still thinking about something.  Instead, try thinking of the space between your thoughts.  That empty space in your mind is the space you want to hold onto.  That space where energy flows freely and exist to inspire.

Focus is one thing, but we can't have success without action.  One of my favorite sayings now is this...Action Does Not Propel Itself Forward.  In other words, we must put forth effort into our lives in order for us to achieve success, wealth, love, and our overall happiness.

Get Out There

It is my duty to put myself out there, after all, this is my journey, no one else'.  No one can make my decisions for me, I have to make an effort, and get out there.  If I don't, I'm just a failure that is making a living failing.  If I'm making a living at all.  Just like the story above, I have to change and evolve my writing, in order to land more jobs, to get better pay, and move myself forward.  Writing is not the only thing I have to evolve, I have evolve by taking chances, expanding my talents, learning new things, and specializing in an area of life.

Many people wander through life not knowing what it is that makes them happy.  The secret to happiness is that there is no secret.  Do you really want to know what it is that you should do?  I'll give you the biggest hint that you'll ever need.  In fact, it's so simple, you might kick yourself for not coming up with the answers yourself.  Ready for it?

Do what ever it is, that brings you the most happiness.  Sure, a lot of things interest me, finding things that interest me is not the issue.  People often say that they have so many things that they like, that they don't know which to choose.  It should never be about which one to choose.  It should always be about which one makes you the happiest.  What makes me the happiest is seeing the world, all the old architecture, the different food, the different people, and all the goodness in it.  That is what I will be striving for in 2014.  That will be my vision.  What is going to be your vision this year?  How are you going to adapt your behavior this year?

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for a good post, Roger, and best of luck in achieving your goals in 2014. Good to see you setting aside one day a week for focus. I think it's a great idea!
    My goals for this year are not specific, but I'm going to try to worry less, and be happier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good plan Terri, I hope you will reach it.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Terri, but even worrying less and being happier could do with a bit of planning. Did you know that our brain does not know how to handle vague goals/resolutions such as lose weight? However, it can handle baby steps, taking small actions towards our goal.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Laurens, grateful for the comment.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you very much Stuart. I live to inspire.

      Delete
  4. Roger, excellent commentary, love to see your spark best in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Digital Eye Media, I'm looking forward to putting my best foot forward as well as my best thought. It should be a great year.

      Delete
  5. Remember that sometimes you'll still attract the negative no matter how positive you are, that's the time to get up and keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simon, that is very true, we can't help but have some negative in our lives. We can't keep out all the thoughts in our brain. We can certainly try though and put up one heck of a fight.

      Delete
  6. Roger, you've got a great attitude and a strong sense of purpose. You're gonna rock 2014 buddy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zaibatsu, glad to see you here. I will stand strong, stand proud, and stand with positive emotions this year. It's going to be the best year of my life yet.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you adebold, glad to see you here. I'll be creating my luck this year. :)

      Delete
  8. Behavior is an important thing to change something in our lives, I totally agree Roger.

    But this is not always enough.

    Sometimes we need to be able to change our paradigms and dogmas, and this is another "business".

    I think we all have a life path, our job is to find out which and to walk on it.

    Thank you for this interesting post, and good luck with your new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. martingysler, Thanks for the thoughtful post.

      I completely concur with your thoughts on this. I will keep this in mind as I travel and embrace the world of the unknown. Changing our paradigms and dogmas is where the Law of Attraction comes in and staying away from the insanity of the Average Joe lifestyle. Already with positive thinking, things are starting to play together. A couple of potential jobs have already lined up and I look forward to working them.

      Thank you for stopping by, I'll be looking through your site a bit more.

      Delete
  9. Glad you like it Candace, it is my goal to inspire others with my story and things that I learn. I will achieve success this year, in fact I'm already using the Law of Attraction to make things happen as we speak.

    ReplyDelete